Resistance prediction method

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Lukas, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Lukas

Lukas Junior Member

Daiquiri,

Except if I am wrong and uploaded the wrong one (which I don't think), this is not the NPL4a graph but the actual hulls re-ran into Michlet at a much lower scale (0 to 2.5 kts)

Where I think this can be more than adequate is in terms of relative values for comparing different designs.

Finally, where I find this important is that this gives a feel about the expected figures for resistance and hence powering. Even if a ball park estimate within percents (5-10%?) it is always good to have a reasonable figure in mind.

Thanks again

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I know, I was talking about Rick's post #11 and the relative graphs. You and Marshmat have been faster and have inserted 2 more comments before my reply. :D
    All the best,

S.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.