A quick note of thanks

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Mat-C, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I would like to add and concur with those above.

I would, as Richard says, like to thank those who question us “professionals”. Just because we have been trained and have been working in this industry for many years, does not automatically mean we know everything,…far from it. We just know more than the other guy!:p

I am sure I speak for many that ‘we’ enjoy being pushed and having our minds pushed. For me, having to really search the depths of my mind to remember the things I used to recall in a blink of an eye years ago, but now, often have to hit my old notes or reference books,…just to make sure:eek:

This has been an invaluable “reference” and “marketing” tool for me too. By this I mean…it has helped to add another chapter to the book I am currently writing, as well as explain in a little more detail why XX or YY is so. What is obvious to me, is not to others. The endless Qs by those that are newbbies, questions about this that and the other which I take for granted, as it has been my daily job for more than 20 years, yet is such a revelation to many whom are new to the immensely enjoyable field of “boats”. This is the pleasure…to share and to be personally pushed.

To daiquiri, thank you fro your kind words, and Mat-C too.

I have taught graduate naval architects, as well as post graduate students and the main point I make is thus….one must make a mistake to know it is a mistake…and never be afraid to make a mistake, it is how we learn. Never be afraid to ask a “silly” or “dumb” questions…you never know, the question may appear obvious, but it may never have been asked before!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.