PT or MTB Boats lines plan

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Alfonso, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

Hello!

Does anyone here have and is willing to share lines plan for PT or MT boats?

Or know where to find them?

I need them for a project.

Thanks in advance!

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

3. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

Thank You, I'll check the website!

4. Adler

Adler Senior Member

Info

Please do the necessary corrections if I am not right.

I supposed that you asked lines plans for Fast Attack Boats of an old period.

Anyway you look for something in round bilge or in hard chine?

5. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

I'm looking for lines plans of ELCO PT boats of world war 2. Or something similar. Maybe even german world war 2 torpedo boats.

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

What will be your use for these boats? I mention this because design has evolved considerably since then and far better hull forms have been developed, then those historically interesting, but antique craft.

7. Adler

Adler Senior Member

Discussion

For your records in brief:
    The German History of Fast Attack Crafts (Schnellboote) was Started from a Yacht design order that a Private Investement Banker Otto Hermann Kahn gave to Boat builder Frederick Lürssen.(1926/27) http://www.prinzeugen.com/DesignManufacture.htm
    from that time and then the German Fast Attack Crafts was driven from Lürssen Shipyards.
    Regarding the German torpedo-boats of Kriegsmarine in WWII the type was
    class S. (equiped by three propellers-shafts)
    Next to WWII was born Bundesmarine and S-class was replaced on 1954-56 by the new design Typ.55/60 (equiped by four propeller shafts) that was based on the Jaguar Class (type 140) - SeeAdler Class (type 141) and Zobel Class (type 142).

All of them was a round bilge design. (http://www.schnellboot.net/de/bundesmarine-deutsche-marine/schnellboote/index.php)

If you are interesting for that Typ.55/60 please mail me what is the subject of your asking fields and what you are looking for.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.