A proper model...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

I would just like to comment upon a recent happening here on this site...

What just occurred with 'Alik' of the Ukraine posting down loadable and free very well developed drawings of their Pilgrim and Kavalier designs represents what I think the Internet is most useful for -

Let's face it - an otherwise unknown design group - decides to post drawings of their smallish designs for free on a local source of like minded people and what happens - per the old school model of web site success - there is suddenly over 60,000 hits on one post...

They did not hire New York executives to bust our North American market - they just played the game brilliantly - and offered something very worthwhile - for all interested - and honestly - up for the viewing and for ultimately the hosting of same...

I like this new marketing approach and I believe it is worth documenting...

Kudos to Alik and his design group - and to this sites webmaster for providing same with assistance - thus enabling the public to view some very good work that otherwise would be globally obscured...

Yup - that's all I have to say...

http://www.boatdesign.net/NYD/

SH.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.