Powerboat cockpits

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Matt Osmond, May 24, 2004.

1. Matt Osmond

Matt Osmond Guest

I'm a design student at Northumbria Uni in Newcastle and i'm re-designing the cockpit of the Sunseeker XS2000. I was wondering if anyone had any good sketches or photos of racing powerboat interiors. I'm finding it hard to get the right perspective on my drawings. Please help. Thanks for looking.
    If you do have any pics etc, please could you email them to mattosmond@yahoo.co.uk

2. Misogynist

Misogynist Junior Member

Are you looking for racing cockpits?... Or offshore pleasure boats... Racing cockpits are quite utilitarian.. I have a few pictures of offshore pleasure craft.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Picture this, an aluminum or composite dash, flat with no effort for style, or comfort with gages mounted at different angles around their respective centerlines (not all straight up and down and easy to read, but arranged with their pointers facing up when all is well with the engine running under race conditions) clustered in front of the pilot/engineer seat(s) with switches clustered in same general area, most unmarked one or two with a rubber hose like paddle attached for quick slapping motion engagement. Lots of duck tape installed padding, lots of wire ties holding odd bits and pieces onto the structure. There is no hole where the radio use to live . . .

4. Misogynist

Misogynist Junior Member

That almost sounds like the old cockpit from last offshore boat... only it was configured that way because the mechanic that was working on the boat worked on garbage trucks for a living (I'm not kidding).

5. fede

fede Senior Member

racing p.boat c-pit

Hi, this is a very very famous racing boat cockpit!!

Attached Files:

6. Matt Osmond

Matt Osmond Guest

Offshore powerboat cockpits

I'm really loking for racing ppowerboat cockpits, but any pics wiil help so if you could email them to me then that would be great.
    mattosmond@yahoo.co.uk

7. yipster

yipster designer

8. Matt Osmond

Matt Osmond Guest

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.