Power boat design needed

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by cdmarine, Mar 19, 2009.

1. cdmarine

cdmarine Junior Member

Hi,

I need some help with a new business idea. I am a marine engineer by trade with very little experience of computer design. At present I run a business called CD Marine Design based in the UK.(www.cdmarinedesign.co.uk)

I need a side profile design and possibly a basic interior layout of a 70-80ft powerboat- similar shape to a princess or sunseeker. The image will be on the front page of a new website I'm working on.
    The design needs to look stylish and modern but it also needs to have all the toys ie, hydraulic bathing platform, tracdomes, space for a tender on transom or flybridge, life raft etc. Although I suppose it may be possible to add these bits on later.
    With the side profile you need to see the bowthruster,props, p'brkt and rudders.

The overall image needs to have a realistic finish.

Is there anyone who has a design already which they will be happy for me to use or anyone who can easily draw one up?

Thanks for your help.

Darren

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I think your current website is well done. It is very sober, goes straight to the core of what you're doing and communicates well what you offer.

3. cdmarine

cdmarine Junior Member

Thank you for your message daiquiri. CD Marine Design is working well. The design/images I need though are for a new business venture called sea-list.com which I am in the process of working on.

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Let me blow the same horn as daiquiri...........
    well done and clean website, informative and straightforward.
    I´m shure there will be one or the other (young?) designer here, happy to publish his rendering this way.
    Regards
    Richard
    ps. I bookmarked your page, who knows?

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

cdmarine

have you thought about getting a rendering/image form one of the projects you have previously worked on?

6. cdmarine

cdmarine Junior Member

apex1- Thanks. I think its the best way to get a unique boat with some sort of mutual agreement??

Ad Hoc- The companies I currently work with might eventually want to supply an image, because it would be good advertising if the site has enough traffic, however to start off with it needs to be a boat no one has ever seen before.

Should I post my enquiry in the employment/work section of the forum?

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

I think searching the gallery and then sending some PM´s might be a start. And keeping this thread on the top "unread" list.
    Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.