Pontoon boat rebuild HELP

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tymonty44, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Chase_B

Chase_B Junior Member

I paid like $80 a sheet, 1/2" x4x8
    Scrap price

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

What was the core? If you can get $80 sheets of this stuff (depends on core), I'll take a 100 sheets or more, pay you $100 a sheet and I'll cover the shipping.

3. tymonty44

tymonty44 Junior Member

Finally pulling the trigger on the rebuild and I am on board with the exterior grade plywood. Lowes has ps1-09 23/32in thickness. Is this what I'm looking for? It comes in 4x8 sheets but my boat is 8.5ft wide. How do you recommend I layout the wood? Next is the epoxy. I am going to follow PARs lead and seal the heck out of it. Specific suggestion on type or brand? Overwhelming how many options there are. I will need to seal the entire board,yes? Top, edges, bottom.
    Guess the allure of pontoon stuff is they give you everything you need in a kit and this way I'm having to find similar materials. I am extremely confident in my skills but not in selecting the right materials. Advice please! Thanks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.