personal submarine builders- AquaSub

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by packrat69, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Minisubnut

Minisubnut New Member

Aquasub

I am not sure if the AquaSub really compared well to some other options as it really doesnt have the capability of something like a K250. Maybe someone at www.minisubs.org could know more. I think many concepts like this excite the owner but dont prove popular.

2. DaveinMi

DaveinMi New Member

This hasn't had an update in a while............So I'll ask...........anyone here know anyone that has built or is building an Aquasub I can get in touch with ?
    Thanks, Dave in MI

3. Boffingham

Boffingham New Member

Aquasub

Hi Dave,

There does not seem to be anyone who has ever completed Aquasub on these forums. I too have the plans and have created some alterate designs but have not started a build. Cost estimates would put the project at around 10K now as there is so much fiberglassing to do.

Also I never liked the surface width of the sub with the wings it is almost 12 feet!

If you have questions or would like to share any ideas you may post here or email me at bar.gre@hotmail.com

Barry

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

4. yotie

yotie New Member

Hi Aquasub fans,Yotie here,

I am still building my aquasub,finally got the "bubble canopy" after almost 2 yrs. Had some complications in our lives lately however ,back on track this spring.Have constr. photos ,don't know how to post,computer dinosaur.E-mail: matrixhazu@hotmail.com
    best regards , Yotie.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.