Pedal Boat Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by BG_Geno, May 28, 2006.

1. BG_Geno

BG_Geno Senior Member

I am not so sure you meant "level of intelligence". There are so many different types of intelligence. It takes me forever to understand some (ok, most) of the math that rolls out of Rick so easily...but I can out build just about anyone I know as far as strength, quality, finish, durability etc. It seems to me that your goal was noble and that you had budget constraints and still managed a boat with spirit that you built yourself. It has personality to spare which is a huge plus to me. Your Huckleberry Finn analogy was spot on because the first thing I though of was 'Two Fathoms--safe water".

I like it. Hope you finish it.

2. rtzden

rtzden New Member

Moving forward

Thank you BG_Geno:) We did strive for originality, lite weight, and afford ability. We started with my 14 foot Sears John boat and installed the draw-bridge, paddle wheels bilaterally, and attempted twisted chain propeller propulsion, but they were cumbersome for loading and launching. Hence we came up with Skeeter from some 1955 Handy-Man catalog. Further more, I liked the frame style for adaptation towards pontoons, if the paddle wheel concept worked out.

Obviously, this is why, I am so interested in this thread and the development of your vessel. Grant it, some of us have brains in our fingers and others have brains in their heads, but it appears this thread is a combination of all extremities.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.