Patrol Boat Design Structure

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sifundo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Maybe so, but a Ma Deuce would shake it apart.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi Sifundo, Have you tried

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/category:Small_combat_vessel_classes

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone-class_patrol_ship

Who gave you the task to do this difficult job to do? Is your job at stake?
    Bert

4. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Sifundo, you need to do more research, you did not inform us what size ship you need to build or give orders for to various suppliers, look at

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/category/corvettes-and-patrol-craft/

and get yourself first acquainted with the ship you need to get.

Then you sit down and say to yourself:

1) what is the logical sequence to give orders to suppliers.
    2) hull first, but does the shipyard knows what should be considered , with items like: extra strength fore deck for the gun, intercom system to the gunner, provision of armaments from "WHERE" to the gun. Where would you have the armament? correct, yes you are right, below the gun area, and not in the same room as the engine and diesel fuel. Do I need special strength to protect the armaments of not blowing up, yes you are correct, I would do that also. Now I am philosophizing that you have some insight and some brains to do this job.
    3) When you give the instruction to the shipyard to build this creation, please tell them, that they must make provision for radar equipment, suitable to do 100 mile radius and not a small 0.5 Kwatt pulsed harbour system.
    They have to make provision for special square/rectangular piping for the radar aerial system.
    4) How big is this boat going to be? You need to instruct for how many sailors sleeping berths should be made available on board, small kitchen, etc.

Sifundo, unless you come forward with some more detailed information and why this job was given to you, no forum member can help you and others will be making spaghetti and fun of you.
    Bert

5. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Why is it, that I don't stop thinking that it is a youngster , who is writing a software program for a game. It looks like he does not want to give details away, in case he looses his advantage and the big bucks which he stands to loose. I may be wrong, but he is too polite for an adult.

6. frank smith

frank smith Senior Member

It will not be patrolling, as that is the job of the patrol boat crew.

7. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

You probably have not heard of the story.

A young man saw an old man sitting on a bench in a park. He is holding a fishing pole with a string leading to the bushes.

The young man, thinking the old man has gone off his rockers, took pity on him. He said, come on old man, I will buy you lunch and a beer.

After a couple of beers, he asked. What were you doing in that park?

Fishing, the old man replied.

And have you caught any lately?

The old man politely replied. "You Sir".

8. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

RX, I had a good laugh about your story.

But I am intrigued and like to figure out, is it a stupid disadvantaged person who stole the job from a qualified person , or is it a youngster who needs input for writing a game, or is it a female secretary who's boss is an idiot and gave it to her to figure it out. Bert

9. JosephT

JosephT Senior Member

The gun boats used by Navy Seals & Force Recon teams back in the 1980's were quite impressive. Big, fast boats with some serious fire power. The newer Mark V looks quite impressive. Though these boats are small, they pack a serious punch. I don't think I would ever want to come across one on the water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Special_Operations_Craft

10. sifundo

sifundo Junior Member

PatrolBoatDesign

Thank you very much BertKU for your input, you have been of great assistance!

11. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Sifundo I detect some irony in your words. I think you're right but at last, after all, you got something from this forum.

12. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

Sifundo, how did you arrive at your position?

13. sifundo

sifundo Junior Member

Patrol Boat Design

Hello Team, I would like to enquire from you if it is possible to Lay The Deck when building a boat and before you Place The Main Engine?
    Please help!

14. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

It totally depends, in how your boat look like and what the designer has made provision for and for what not.
    Bert

15. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

It's a good scheme to incorperates a "soft patch" over the engine room, this is a bolted cover & contributes to structural continuity, the style of vessel may have funnel/stack lift with the soft patch, various contrivances may be required also to position engines/gearboxes/generaters within the room such as I beams & beam trollies or similar, these can be removable for purpose, removal & refitting of engine components is sometimes also required.
    Jeff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.