Offsets of Bp-delta diagrams

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Kreso, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Kreso

Kreso Senior Naval Architect

Hi, I would like to make program for propeller calc. by Bp-delta method, and I was wondering if anybody has OFFSETS of Bp-delta diagrams in some text file.
    Kreso

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Most people I know of that used Bp-delta (or one of the many other variations of this nomenclature) didgitized thier lookup tables.

The most accessable way I can think of if someone will not come forward with a set (have you contacted all the major NA universities?) is to use the Kt-Kq data in the 1988 edition of PNA and convert to Bp-delta (see p 190-202, in Vol II). Otherwise, get a copy of "Fundamentals of Ship Resistance and Propulsion; Part B: Propulsion" NSMB publication 132a by Van Manen (try University Microfilms, Ann Arbor, Michigan, as it was a reprint text for UofM, NAME) In this text Van Manen develops the coefficients for a few of the B-series propellers, but not all.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.