Nothing at all to do with boats...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

For many reasons - most of them my own - all relatively obvious - I would just like to say to those who have not...

Make peace with your Mother...

Sounds silly and stupid - I suppose - but it is not...

Today I am going sit to down and write my Mother a long letter - because things are not so bad for me really - and the bottom line is that my current prosperity is wholly based on the decisions she made a long time ago on my behalf - right or wrong...

So as not to get in trouble with the forum 'purists' and for tax puposes let me just say that I have convinced the local sailing club that my Gecko 14 trimaran has a sit down cockpit and not a 'cabin' - so they will allow me to store it in their 'open boat' only yard - SO I AM GOING TO BUILD THE DAMN THING - oh crap - that sounds like a real commitment...

And just now - my bloody wife is talking about taking 3 weeks holidays in England and I can only afford 2 - oh well - I suppose I need it...

SH.

Attached Files:

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Sean
    You often write curmudgeonly stuff. In spite of that,your plan to write your mother is commendable and wise. That is not the usual stuff of this forum but it is a good suggestion for all of us. Too late for me to do so. All you guys and girls out there; do it before it is too late. Sometime in the future you'll be pleased that you did.

Meanwhile Sean, you can go back to your usual demeanor while knowing that you have revealed yourself as a sensitive human being. Good on you mate.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.