new new hull design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by berney, Jun 6, 2010.

1. berney

berney New Member

traffic accident with boat on trailer has me looking to replace my boat. i want a larger,18-21'. low power, 40 hp, tiller outboard, seaworthy for 18 miles offshore on nice days. i want a dry ride, reasonably smooth ride, stable for fishing, just big enough to sleep/nap, small cuddy/canvass weather escape. stitch and glue, epoxy paint. Wanted trumpet but scared off, sundance love the lines, yamaha panga can't find plans for, ninigaret seems made for the task. must be easy build. Time restrictions. ideas please. Can eyeball something if i get stuck.
    thanks

2. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

3. bmsyachts

bmsyachts naval architect

Dear Berney, My skiff was a runnerup in the Woodenboat Design Challenge last year. You can see picures of the complete boat on my website, www.bmsyachtdesign.com and in the Directory of Plans and Kits on the WoodenBoat site searching , "BMS". I agree with the appeal of Ninigret. My skiff was designed to be light, carry a load efficiently, remain stable (even if swamped), be able to plane ar waterskiing speeds when light. A cuddy would be an easy option. Good luck with your search. Jerry

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Simmons sea skiff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.