New Military Related Yacht and Boat Designs Required

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sunshine-jiang, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I truly honestly cannot believe what I am about to write here, but here goes.

I agree with Whoosh..there, I've said it.

These guys are in china and as such ahve very very limited access to the outside world. As such all they can do is "cold calling"...for them a boatwebsite may not be ideal, but may be their only avenue to gain some access to a marine audience quickly!

Having aid that...it does sound very "odd". I normally hear about these tenders via many contacts/channels/networks etc....so if they express their desire interest via some known shipyards, who would then hunt around for designs/naval architects, it would give some credibility.

There are many yards local to them that do have "access" to the outside world much more 'easily'.

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

On their website it is clearly stated that head of company is foreigner. I don't think 'access to outside world' is an issue here.

Besides we design boats for builders in China, but those are for real builders (not middlemen as this company) and there is no problem with 'access to outside world' at all.

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Alik

Noted :)

4. dskira

dskira Previous Member

I have the concept for this one: take pretty girls as a body guard and they will save a lot of VIP stateroom space.:D

5. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Ok, but the bathroom dimensions would increase so much that they would have to put the crew berth in the engine room.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.