New concept board- Expedition Windsurfer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Trey, May 28, 2009.

1. Trey

Trey New Member

Hi folks,
    I have been snooping around here for a few months on and off and have decided that if there is anyone who can help me move forward with my project it is the folks here.
    I have designed (I say that loosely) and built a new concept board for use as a expedition style windsurfer. Along with storage for multi-day camping trips, it has the capability to being paddled as a sit-on-top kayak or a stand-up paddle board. I have had some very good reviews from the world wide web. The board can be seen on my blog at www.adventurewindsurfing.blogspot.com. I will try to post an image here
    I currently have a navel architect friend who is working on a refined design. I have not heard from him in quite some time and may need to find a different draftsman. No hard feelings though, he is still a friend. My original plan was to build more boards in my personal work shop using the stitch and glue method and sell to interested individuals, but it may be more advantageous to find a manufacturer who can produce them on larger scale. Or it may be better to produce these boards myself using composite glass methods, which I know nothing about.
    Here are my questions:
    • Can you recommend a architect?
    • Should I seek a manufacturer given my limited experience?
    • What builder would you suggest using?

Thanks for your help
    Trey

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.