New Boat Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by striper, Jun 15, 2004.

1. striper

striper New Member

Greetings fellow boat lovers!

New to this site, I like what I see.

I am not a professional boat builder, but I know what I want and like. I've somewhat designed a boat and would like to proceed to have a pro design and build this boat for me (no need to ask,,,the answer is "yes, I am crazy").

This is an 18' center console in a flats design...very light.

If successful, I'd like to take the boat to production for others.

Is there anyone out there that does this sort of thing? Would the "partner" the design/build?

Striper :)

2. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

Hello Striper,

If you begin building these boats for profit, I can put you on our custom builders program. Its basically a 20% discount on all building materials we stock.

Joel Shine
    General Manager
    Boatbuildercentral.com

3. Tim Exley

Tim Exley Junior Member

Striper,

We are a small custom builder that specializes in shallow draft all welded aluminum boats. Would be interested in talking to you about your design. We can design and prototype quicker and at much lower cost and commitment that the big boys. Can go to market if you like since we already do that.

You can contact me at treco@mindspring.com

Good luck.

Tim Exley

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.