Need help with my project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by nigelroe1, May 31, 2006.

1. nigelroe1

nigelroe1 New Member

Guys, i need to know:
    1, I need to know information about cooling systems for maranizing car engines on the engines regular water pump. Also the problems that may occur with the salt water?

2, Currently using a volvo b230 block, we think is a volvo 240 car engine. Can this take salt water through the block and water pump or is there some solution i need to add to coat the block etc.

Thanks

2. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

There are plenty of information in the sub-forum DIY Marinizing..... Happy hunting.

3. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

For long life you'd probably be best using the engine's current cooling system and a heat-exchanger. Then you can continue to use water/antifreeze in the engine, whilst pumping sea water through the heat exchanger and out to sea. Naturally, you'll need a salt water pump and a header tank on the engine cooling system, but that is pretty easy to do.

Tim B.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.