My Impossible mission

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by D.I.M.1, Oct 5, 2009.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Operation Pipedream

nonono, the skyhooks we are discussing are carried by stealthy antigravity craft, some unmanned. I've already disclosed too much. Can say no more.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

I´m happy you did not disclose the secret behind the WROM, and Hydroxyl - acid, as mentioned in post #100. The Wlan cable now is in commercial use so we can elaborate on that freely.
    But be careful, when discussing confidential issues like OSI layers 8 and 9, that can lead to ID-Ten-T errors!
    Stay alerted!

3. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

ty, but is it Batman or isn't it?

4. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

Good news finally, I have an adviser, and I have redefined my goals.
    New questions:
    What electrical systems are found on a boat not the motor but other things like desalinator, radar, radio etc.?

5. hoytedow

electric blue bikinis, gps, sonar, flashlights, iperbs, pfd flashers; the list goes on and on and...

6. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Nav lights would be nice ...

7. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

Okay yes to the gps, sonars,flashlights,Nav lights
    But please un-abbreviate iperbs, pfd flashers
    And no to the electric blue bikinis, sorry gotta market to the general population.
    DIM

8. hoytedow

iperb is a distress beacon that activates on contact with seawater. pfd stands for personal flotation device(lifejacket).

9. hoytedow

EPIRBs (emergency position-indicating radio beacons) signal maritime distress. not iperb. I screwed up the abbreviation.

10. hoytedow

And don't forget about the coffee-maker.

11. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

Okay so i got the coffee-maker, the desalinator, the nav lights, GPS, Radio, Sonar, EPIRBs, the air-conditioning (if power allows), the refrigerator, and the TV. (did I miss anything?)

Also, not to be offensive, but how can I power a PFD flasher if the power source is located on the boat?

12. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Library..

A boat doesn't have to be big, any boat will do,as long as it got a library and a fireplace..:D

:idea:
    And you can use the the fireplace to drive a boiler (which in turn drives a steam engine) or just use the temperature difference (from the pipe walls/ sea temp) to run a stirling engine, haven't found anything about the ratio/ efficiency of those engines...yet....

13. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

Come on be serious. Anyway, how would you fuel the fire or sustain it to produce that heat? Coal? Gasoline? Defeats the point, no. Biofuels? the cost it takes to produce them isn't really worth it.

14. hoytedow

This may come as a shock to you, but pfd flashers are powered by little things which were invented centuries ago. They are called batteries. Europeans I believe may have another name for them. Piles? No, that is another name for hemorrhoids, which will also make you feel as though you are "lit up". The whole point is the pfd flashers will work even if the boat itself is 1000 fathoms below your feet, when you would need them the most.

15. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

No, that's not what I was implying how can I use solar power to power PFD flashers if their batteries are already charged, it's not like they're used when the boat is sinking. Maybe it was the lack of clarity of my question, but I need systems that actively need power while the boat is functioning.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.