Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 04-13-2017, 11:38 AM

Rep: 1903 Posts: 4,720
Tend to agree that she was more of a 'sailing aux' rather than motorsailer.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:06 PM
environmental project Msc

Rep: 48 Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHP View Post
Schakel, she's lovely but to me she's simply a yacht with a doghouse/deckhouse. The cockpit is pure sailing yacht as are the hull lines.

I guess we should start a separate thread as Jack Laurent Giles drew some gorgeous motorsailors from Blue Leopard downwards.
I agree, but can't there be ships who look that fantastic without the long keel?

I know, it's a complicated story with hull stability in broadness, but still, a very narrow yacht, like the skerry cruisers, with kanting keel, wouldn't that be fast and beautiful?

And Laurent giles and Philip Rhodes are both in the hall of fame together with Sparkmann and Stephens, André Hoek other classic yachtdesigners.
https://www.hoekdesign.com/sailing-yachts/classic