Motor mount stringer cracks - how to repair

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rpdwyer, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Skua

Skua Senior Member

" A neat trick I use, is to carefully suspend a tooth pick in the center of the hole, just filled with thickened epoxy. When the goo cures, this will serve as the pilot hole for the next drill out, as the bit will follow the weakest path, which is the toothpick."

I like that one, thanks for the tip!!

1 person likes this.
  2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm not that creative, I just blatantly steal good ideas from others, though I also usually admit it, unless it's really clever and not well known, in which case I declare it my idea and print up some tee shirts.

3. boatbuilder41

boatbuilder41 Senior Member

Just be aware that it could go farther than expected when you tear it out. . $ometimes the rot doe$n't $top until you get it gutted completely. It can be a lot more expens$I've than originally expected. $ometime$ more than the boat is worth.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.