Mini Speedboat - Anybody know where to get plans for the boat pictured?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Michaelp, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Michaelp

Michaelp Junior Member

The attachments show a boat that I know was homebuilt with plywood and fiberglass from a plan (10-15 years ago). I have been searching for these plans online, but cannot find them anywhere. I would like to build this boat (or a modified version of it) out of aluminum. As an alternative, if anybody has a maxsurf file of a similar hull that they are willing to share, that would also be appreciated. I think this boat was 10' long.
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

3. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Do sign up for the Glen-L Boat Builders 101, which is free. Top left of R's link to Glen-L

P

4. Michaelp

Michaelp Junior Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I just signed up for Glen-L's e-book and newsletter, good idea. I carefully looked at all the boats on his site (I had looked at most of those before, in various places on the web), but I don't think any of those are an exact match. The closest boat is probably the 11'TNT or the 11'Dyno-Mite, but their not quite right (I think they're a bit long)....
    Keep the feedback coming...
    Mike

5. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Go to the Glen-L site and list the names of their small run-abouts then go to customer photos and look at every one of every model`to see if one looks close to your photo. Your photo shows an upswing to a higher dash board which may have just been done by the builder and not on the plans. You can easily do this as most plans are customized by the builder--made shorter, longer, even wider. That is the fun of doing it yourself. Unless you can measure the boat in your photo, I DOUBT YOU can find a perfect match as it is most likely one of a kind.

6. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Glen-L mention that small can sometimes be too small, when you work out what the load is you want to carry. You'll find that information in the 101 pdf.

P

7. Michaelp

Michaelp Junior Member

After looking at the gallery of completed projects, I think that the boat is likely a modified TNT or Bullet.
    I realize that a 10' boat is quite small, and appreciate the caution you guys give me regarding size and the load I would like to carry. I will read throught the info in the 101 ebook before I proceed.
    Mike

1 person likes this.

8. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

I built my 1st Glen-L in 1958/59 in woodshop at high school when 1x4 mahogony was 10 cents a foot. I built the Flying Saucer. They still sell the plans. The goal needs to be the enjoyment of the build and the satisfaction of it floating. Keep in mind that you want to share the ride with others and 10' is small. Mine was 12' and my Dad was 6'-5" and 250 pounds and 2 friends were 300 pounds and I was 138 pounds--with a 35 hp Johnson we reached 30 mph. Have fun.............

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.