Mini Offshore Cat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jaryd107, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Jaryd107

Jaryd107 New Member

I am interested in building a mini speed boats. If I am going to spend the money to do it I would prefer to build a mini version of an offshore racing catamaran speed boat. I have been searching online for some plans but have been unable to find anything. I would be interested in designing my own but I wouldn't even know where to start. Any plans would be great.

2. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

3. Jaryd107

Jaryd107 New Member

Thankyou

4. Bullshipper

Bullshipper Bullshipper

Skater racing cats go down to 29 feet, and will do about 120 mph with a pair of 250 outboards. Lots of pics on the web.

The carbon fiber lamination schedule makes them rugged, yet lighter than most.

5. PhilDude

PhilDude Junior Member

What length are you looking at ? Check out glenl, clarkcraft and svensons for starters.
    There is a new build thread on S'n'F : http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?293409-Mini-Tunnel-finally-building!-From-Scratch

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.