Mini Cigarette

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Boat_Builder, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Boat_Builder

Boat_Builder Junior Member

Has any one used a decent design program for designing hulls or boats even?

2. Boat_Builder

PAR! Im looking your way Buddy! : D

3. Boat_Builder

heres an other the f-13 they call it! Its the basic idea i've had in my head! if i thought of it in the late 80's : P

4. Boat_Builder

sorry forgot to upload the att.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      405.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Boat_Builder

It reminds me of Battleship Gallatica !

6. Obsession

Obsession Junior Member

I got an update notification by email that someone had posted "there's always the F3 race boats 13' like Allisons and Critchfields but they dont look like cig's" but it appears they've deleted it now. Still, I think it's an interesting point. Maybe the idea of a "mini something else" isn't as good as something designed for the length. Could one of these mini-cigarettes scaled down to 15' safely do the speed that a modern off-the-shelf "ugly" (to my eye) jet ski does on a daily basis?

This thread might be interesting too: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/12-foot-powercat-29448.html

I don't know how ideal the result can be -- do you end up with a boat that looks really fast but really isn't that fast? But I still like the idea of this type of small boat -- a fun project on a budget, a boat that still looks like a boat and has the spirit of something greater.

7. joshd1005

joshd1005 New Member

Here's a link to a pretty bad a$$ guy that has some sweet kits of all types of boats. Very popular and can be found all over youtube once you learn the name of the boat from the site. I have his tiny titan now and have had others in the past. Way sweet and cheap!
    https://www.boatdesigns.com/Outboards/departments/10/

8. dinoa

dinoa Senior Member

The Donzi classic 16' around 1965 was made by Don Arronow who went on to make the Cigarettes. The similarities in style may be what you are looking for.

9. Boat_Builder

Thanks for all the replies. I designed my own stitch and glue Mini cigarette boat and just so happens my computer gets a virus and i can't log into windows now. So if you are designing make sure you are saving to an outside source.

As for my design i'll just have to start over. Its usually better the second time around any ways lol. I may even build a Hobbey Kat While I am waiting for the design to be done.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.