masalai's model movie

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by masalai, Dec 15, 2007.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Well, here is masalai's "secondgo.fbm" for delftship. Full of leaks & a bit messy, but you can get the general idea I am trying to achieve.

Next is to plug leaks??? How does one do that? Please some help (advice) else I will never learn. I would also appreciate a point as to how does one clean up some of the loose ends? Is it as simple as finding to what it is associated and delete that last point???? or just ignore it and it will go away :D

When I feel that is ready for the next part, set up a ney layer, double the hulls at the centreline distance apart? Then to do the underside of the bridgedeck, some shapeing for the roof line & then the outside sides. Is that the way to go and should each "major object" be a separate layer?

Thanks so far, I'm still having fun?? :D

Attached Files:

2. yipster

yipster designer

good exercise but before going to drudging nudging the holes by bringing xyz coordinates of surfaces together in the small floating box, i would slope that sprayrail down and give the extending flat box stern some thought, rtfm and keep on it

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Yipster, I have been doing some nudging, sometimes apparently without effect??. By "sloping the spray-rail down" do you mean keep it horizontal (for & aft as well as P & S), so I can easily match with next part up? Making that box was something else!!!, The bottom is below W/L at 400mm for the waterline of 500mm, width is 700mm (beam W/L) and extends up to 800mm at spray-rail. Getting closure & extending edges was a lot of fiddling. Pencil & paper is a lot easier, erasure is a matter of erasing the offending bit, no-more-no-less & when stations are entered at 11.0, & 11.5 etc., they are drawn there, not elsewhere at some multi-decimal point or as a wavy line. All a learning experience. I would have loved to have been able to do the box-stern by numbers, but it refused or I did the numbers in the wrong way, & when entering a "crease" by using numbers to do the stations, how does one say this is a "crease-point"? I will work it out - standby for version 3?????? if this effort gives me the shits. :D

Thanks for your input. Anyone else with comment/critique? Feel free to pass judgement, evaluate test whatever... :D

4. yipster

yipster designer

sloping down the sprayrail like on other boats i mean, extruding vertical can be done from a curved line, aft box at waterline will slam
    wait starting michlett as i read elsewhere you want to do till you come to grips with delftship witch i consider i fine profesional program

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Plese find attached "masalaishull1.fbm" for your consideration and analysis please, I would like the feedback. This slow learner has only got one hull done.

How does one make it into a pair of hulls with hull centrelines 6.4m apart? I tried everything but no success..., or do I do part of the bridge-deck to give a mirroring plane some 3.2m to mirror? & which side will it mirror on in preference???

I put the screw & shaft in, so I can easily tell front from back:D

I may still tweak the hulls as I progress so need to be able to "un-stick" hulls?? is that easily do-able?

I can't use michelet/godzilla, as it does not like wine & or my screen driver???
    What do the numbers say to my effort? Does Delft have a "fairing" tool to smooth some of the dents? It seems to have a mind of its own in moving the stations along the hull length - pain in the but - I don't want to "lock" the positions as tweaking adjustments are still progressing...

Thanks for any comments - still reading and learning.

Attached Files:

6. yipster

yipster designer

masalai, allready said what i think of rear box, straight stern and sprayrail line.
    looks like your getting to grips with delftship, for making a cat out of it look here

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for the thought Yipster, nothing like that in my pdf manual. Will have a look in the FreeShip manual in the morning to see if that has a different slant??? which I can try:D

That flat section is below W/L by 10cm & without it screw would suck air??? & is 500mm long and 700mm wide overall.... See the images of the Chamberlin C10.. in my galrey

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Here is old boat prettied up. Has to have a new bottom which I have to get built. Topsides are about right??

Attached Files:

9. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Nice workmanship, not a lot of flair in the styling department tough.

I suppose it's better to plan simple (and well) than to do what I've seen so many others do, including myself which is to draw or plan something so beautiful and complex that when you go to actually build it you have to redesign it into a strip downed version, simple and utilitarian.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for the comment. This exercise was primarily to see how the underwater concept worked - a long, with no rocker and blunt ends hull behaved. an undesirable wave formation at the bows (I could not see it but others could) and the 1:20 beam/length seemed valid - since then I have revisited the John Hitch design - I had forgotten a lot of the detail, which I saw briefly, when it was being built, to be reminded by a recent update/posting.with a 1:26 beam/length ratio...

The friend who did the build, very reluctantly, agreed to the task only after lots of curved surfaces were removed. - I sort of like the "agressive" stance it would make when viewed by a smaller vessel coming from the opposite direction... :D quite an intimidating view at around 7 metres wide and 3 metres to the top of the bridge-deck-house... Then again, John Hitches "X-IT" Manta Ray shape could be similarly intimidating to see heading towards a smaller boat......

11. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Don't know why you want to (maybe 'cause it's fun guy stuff for which women laugh at us? :D ); but here's some inspiration if you want to look aggressive.

Attached Files:

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for the "wake-up" from my hippocracy - shooting my mouth off against exactly that in "grumpy" :D - They carry guns (or is it rockets now) and look a bit effeminate as well? except for multiple balls hanging around a skinny stick....are they "gay?" - - and the cat looks decidedly curvaceous - is she a confused artificially augmented blond?? I see twin nipples protruding :D, and a wet hole between her legs?

I think I would do quite well on those inkblot pictures attributed to be used by psychiatrists?

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Sean, That is a neat trick:D May I assume the methodology was to post in the thread, wait a minute, then delete the entry...... Hah I like it.... Good timeing
    Post again so points can be awarded at the site of the "invasion" which is of no adverse consequence.... :D :D :D

14. Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin atn_atkin@hotmail.com

Masalai, that cat that Charlie posted is the meanest looking cat I've ever seen. I would hate to see that charging towards me. And yet...you say it looks feminine!! You are not easily intimidated!
    You should design your cat so large that you can steer towards other boats and go straight over them without touching. Is that intimidating enough for you? :D

15. masalai

masalai masalai

That has been done - Yipster posted it in Random Pictures - That one I would turn in panic and head for shallow water as quickly as I could go!!!! :D :D

Squint and look at the nipples visible above the pilothouse part of the cat;;;;;

The warships have a wirey (monotrine?) ****** device with 3 testicles - I bet the fog horn is very deep:D:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.