masalai's model movie

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by masalai, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Geeez Mas your frightening me. Ok Im not a computer guy and I have'nt a clue about programmes N stuff but trying to evaluate a boats performance for the reason of intending to build same?----

Did I read your right when you mentioned put the bridge on later?

When I did my project I had no intention of buying new. I looked around for some kanckered half sunk cat with no engines and broken mast . I could see her in my minds eye but in reality she did not exist.

I bought new. As I have mentioned before when buying new there would be no doubt I had a boat!! no matter what cock ups I did to it if I was carefull I could return the boat to original or almost and start again, even follow the manufacturers awfull V drive system ( I hate V drives).

The financial involvement is considerable and will be more than you could possibly imagine.

My wife valued the boat by adding up the credit card accounts. This included hotels, air travel, car hire and cash advances whilst living in Australia trying to get it into the water and out of a country thats does not know that its not fare to charge GST to non nationals that are buying stuff to leave with.
    This method of accounting brought the figure to an unfair number compared to mine which was adding up the bills from the marine chandler. As you can imagine we have a very very different figure. Im still not sure today who is right

I drivel--- I know someone building a power cat here in Langkawi He keeps the location secret and all information close to his chest. I have told him that building your own design is very risky. I don't think it is admiration he is afraid of.

Even I, the might frosty would curl up into the fetal position sucking my thumb asking for mummy just thinking about it.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

That name you forgot - "Richard Cranium" by any chance?

All I am going to do, is to be satisfied that I can give specifications for a "competent designer" to get paid to draw it up, with appropriate engineering & pay some good builder who would like a couple of quid to complete his project.... Have a couple in mind who are good builders.

This pontificating prick has got to find something to do while he cannot progress as quickly as he would like because of other commitments & persuading lady-love to accept the prospect of living afloat.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

What???? you have yet to get the wife involved??? Oh man. This takes years. This is an art --a skill ,It needs the touch of a ginacologist with cold hands.

You didnt tell me this!!!!
    This will take aprox 2 -3 years, in that time she must never be sick or even feel ill. She must never be allowed to see a wave bigger than herself.

Never ever shout at her even if the wind is howling and she is at the back of the boat and you just want to thank her for the tea.

For 3 years you must never be further away than 5 miles from a supermarket and say things like yum--yum when you get Spam sanwiches or some disgusting vegimite. Tell her you like powdered mashed potatoes and buy her a book on microwave cooking.

When she repeatedly fails to throw a line 6 feet, you must say well done that was a hard throw, but you did well,--- as the boat drifts out of the dock and you have to abort the docking, loosing three fenders she had just tied on.

Not easy.

I got mine pretty well trained up now 14 years she has been at it. I wait on the bridge till she has all the lines and fenders out. When she is ready I go in.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Your concerns and good intentions are duly noted, Then, totally ignored in good grace. Thanks Frosty. - for your interest in my wellbeing.

The short answer, I'm going, your choice.......

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ah ,--I can see clearly now,--- I couldnt go any where without mine. I wouldnt have the enthusiasm to go out for a day trip.

I would without doubt sell the boat and go home.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Don't believe all publik statements on matters of the heart that this fool makes. I consider matters of the heart are personal.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

What a bummer, reasonably fine (no rain) day and forgot transmitter, battery flat. Got that sort of fixed, using 12v instead of 7.2 .... . and initially 2.6knots using 3amps on one engine with a dieing/flat battery. fitted a borrowed 12v battery with one engine monitored for 3.6knots using 3.9 amps then rewired to measure both engines amps drawn still 3.9-4 amps and no speed change. - gave a burst at full power but gps moved & could not read data but used 7.2 amps both engines.

boat was vastly overloaded at about 11kg - designed max is 7kg. will try a repeat but with better attachment of gps, amp meter & camera.

8. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Frosty is in the pie...

Hello...

Damn - I built a Canadian Tire - Canadian Goose plastic dummy - for dumb *** birds attracted to same - I guess I affiliate with the stupid - with a soldered spring for a cutlass and a U shaped Kort - per Frosty - for a rudder...

Bloody gorgeous in its silver paint and severed neck that spewed river water from a windshield wiper pump...

WHAT...

Why is this all a mystery...

Frosty - you are my drunken hero - yet I have to assume you would not look so sexy in a Wonder Woman suit as my wife does - but the pints might just...

The pints will come but you will never be that sexy - unless the paper bags and Sharpie markers come out - I will just stick to my pints - if that is OK...

Burp...

I may be a bit drunk - I need professional opinion...

SH.

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Demonstrating such eloquence and such prestidigitational skills, your status could not be determined as inibriated, however driving may not necessarily be deemed to be legal.

Soooo, post your significantly elegant swan, or goose if that is your bent, I am curious to see where you stuck Frosty's rudder/half Kort nozzle. It is my thread so be bold, I would appreciate the "cheer-up" as my lovely lady will be away for a couple of weeks. Part of that time in Thailand, I think at a seminar at a university in Udon Thani, presenting one of her doctoral papers on education.

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Wow Ive always wanted to be a Hero and save the world. Or even save a pint that balanced precariously dangerously at the end of the table. Either is equally as importent.

Mas,-- just because Sean is here you don't have to look up big words. It might impress me and the lads but Sean has heard them before and he knows what they mean.

Unfortunately I dont have a Wonder woman kit, which is a shame because I am stuck for something to wear for my speach tonight.--Well when I say speach I refer to the usual continuous burbling rubbish I usually talk about at the bar.

A half Kortz nozzle is generally refered to as a tunnel rudder. A kortz nozzle having a bit at the bottom could give lift or the opposite. But in any case parasitic drag.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

F58p' the world, It will NEVER be at peace until......... But what is that goose you were talking about?

Bottle of wine, sweeter than thine?
    couldn't handle that lasoo & bondage stuff
    So Frosty "I know Kort". I hoped Sean
    would be inspired and reciprocate you fluff.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

A tunnel rudder (by Kort) near her udder
    You are becoming madder und mudder
    With her silver rope you will be screaming
    "Help, Have mercy - I hope I am dreaming!"

13. masalai

masalai masalai

This is another displacement cat with underwater lines similar to my desires, but hull-beam is too much (I like 700mm) & beam overall is too narrow (I like 7m)

http://www.mecat.com/indexpower.htm Look at the water flow coming off the "knuckle" - my model should do the same when scaled up to full size.

Yipster, yes I made another error -double that as per PM? actually centrelines for two hulls are 5.9m apart & Beam Overall is 7m. Water Line Length is 12.0m

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Have you considered a kit?

Theres a bloke called Gavin Meyer and he lives in Perth . He does kits N stuff. He did one for me but I did'nt like it. He might have something you like. All you need is a welder.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

I have a reasonable preference to "glass" or composite, Thanks for the thought & suggestion.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.