Marine plywood choice

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jazman1978, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jazman1978

jazman1978 Junior Member

I think that for my first boat the AC I have will work fine. Once I complete this one and learn what I need to do, then I plan on building another one with better lumber. No sense in spending a lot on plywood and make a wrong cut, that would put me in a really bad mood :). I don't have a complete wood working shop, so the likelyhood that I might miscut something is probable. I would hate to waste a $100 board.

2. jazman1978

jazman1978 Junior Member

I have one additional question, for now. What recomendations does anyone have as far as the coating of the wood. Are there any good waterproofing varnishes or other coatings that are good for this type of boat? I will be painting over it with an oil based paint, at least on the outside of the boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.