Manufacturing of dihedral wing

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sub_0, Feb 2, 2016.

1. sub_0

sub_0 Junior Member

Hi,

I m interested in concept of manufacturing dihedral wing as shown below . The current composition consists of : 2x layers of 350 g HS carbon fibers ( BIAX 45 , UD ) , aluminium frame and foam of approx 40. kg/m^3 . In order to reduce translations on wing i had to put aluminium frame in it . Carbon and foam alone resulted in over 12 mm translation .

Thickness of aluminium frame is 2 mm on every part of it . I m feard it might show tricky to weld it ? Are there eny examples of manufacturing process of dihedral wing ?

So my plan is to cut all aluminium parts from 2 mm thick aluminium plate and then weld it where necesarry . Laminate wing from one side with frame and put the foam in it and then laminate on the other side using vacuum bagging .I m planing to laminate on previously defined 2-part mold cuted from styrofoam .

Wing is designed for max load of 160 N defined as pressure on upper surface as shown below .

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.