Looking to start my 2nd boat...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Uniquity, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Uniquity

Uniquity Junior Member

Hello all,

So I'm looking to start building my second boat now that my 16' jon boat is about finished. I feel that building the jon boat taught me some of the basics and helped me get better with glassing and epoxy.

For my second boat, I'm looking to get a bit more serious...

I live close to lake erie and lake ontario and am an avid fisherman, so I am looking to build a 20'-25' wooden motorboat similar to this one... http://bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=P21

I want it to have somewhat of a cabin so that I could sleep in it while it's docked at night. Stitch-and-glue method is preferred.

Anyone know of other boat plans similar to the bateau one?

Thanks.

2. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

3. Uniquity

Uniquity Junior Member

Wow... Haha. Very similar, indeed.

I found this little guy, as well... http://bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=HM19

I'm just looking for something along these lines, but haven't found one that really blew me away yet.

4. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

You really want a flat bottom planing boat for cruising? Not me. Ray's Cabin Skiff has cruised over 27,000 miles and done it well.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.