Looking Pacific Troller plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by shark, Jan 22, 2008.

1. shark

shark New Member

Hello all,
    I am looking for plans for a steel boat in the 35-50ft range. Any info on how I may find old plans for Pacific fleet boats is appreciated. Most of the yards that constructed these boats no longer exist to the best of my knowledge and I wonder what became of plans for these ships. I hope to get my hands on a set of these plans at a bargain price.

2. seacaptdon

seacaptdon New Member

Try contacting the Pacific Trollers Association

You might contact the Pacific Trollers Association via their website at http://www.island.net/~pta/ I do not know anything about this association, but I would give it a try if I were you, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

3. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

So you want something for nothing? Why? Generally you get what you pay for.

There are few real trollers built of steel, and most trollers were built by eye or from half-models rather than drawings.

William Garden's drawings are at Mystic Seaport and there may be a steel troller or two amongst them. Contact the Ship's Plans Library there.

Edwin Monk Sr. drew some steel fishing vessels, perhaps a troller, contact his son, Edwin Monk, Bainbridge Is. WA.

Francis Fredette of Victoria drew many fishing boats and there may be a troller you could adapt to steel construction. I'm not sure where his drawings are now, contact the BC maritime museum.

Good luck, Tad

4. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.