Looking for a N.A. for 85' passagemaker

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Tritonsubs, Jun 18, 2011.

1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

I guess that since subs are your interest, you and your design team have confidence in your launch retrieval system .

I have handled 600 lb ribs at sea, in normal conditions , from 80 90 ft vessels and its a challenge. Stern launch recovery is difficult to impossible in a seaway , as the vessel hobby horses. In an average, , lumpy, rolly ,seaway I must handle the rib amidships with three sharp crew performing a coordinated...one,... two... three.. HOIST !!!! as the vessel makes way to keep steerage.

How will the submariners embark and disembark from the sub in normal day to day conditions ? astern or amidships the mother ship ?

2. gwboats

gwboats Naval Architect

Triton 95

Tad,
    Thanks for your reply. You are right of course - I had to draw a quick 3D view to convince myself it is workable (workable but pretty awkward for a main access).

Tritonsubs,
    I know you are pleased with your design but your designer has given himself some serious design challenges. Don't leave the answers to the builder or you will need very deep pockets indeed. The devil is in the design detail.

Good luck with your project.

Graham

3. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Falk and Cincinnati Gear are two outfits that build custom gears of this type.......

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

I guess it remains to be seen how well the SeaKeeper deals with the added moment of a swinging sub.........for the garage perhaps an accordion lid that piles up on deck at the forward end of the hole?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.