Looking for input on my cabin redesign

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Skua, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Skua

Skua Senior Member

Then onto restoring the flooring, which is where I am now. Cut some new frames for the galley flooring, where none had existed before. Should be less bouncy now. Reworking the head flooring. Originaly it had been a tub that hung from the bulkheads, which inturn hung from the underside of the weather deck and fiberglass head ceiling. No tabbing, just a couple of #10 screws, into the cabin furniture and 3 lags screws into the plywood keelson, which was rotted from the same cause as the bilge deck. Now it will be glassed onto the stringers and hull, allowing for more foot room and stronger construction. The head is also now 3 inches wider. By moving the bulkheads/framing for the head back to the existing framing in the hull, I gained more space. Originaly the head framing had been bent back to the bulkheads, by screws, with huge gaps between the assorted sheets.

Currently nothing is glassed as far as the frames or decking, so if there is an issue I can change it.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.