looking for boat steel sail boat designes

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by discombobulated, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

That boat looks like plenty of effort saved,
    if I was to build around that size in steel I'd probably go for a Van de Stadt Norman http://www.stadtdesign.com/designs/stock_plans_sail/norman_40 Having a house like that is pretty appealing, if I was buying those Colvins look like ready to go fun... here's another http://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/tom-colvin-gazelle/147511
    Jeff.

2. discombobulated

discombobulated Previous Member

Hey pdwiley if your trying to have a dig at me your barking up the wrong tree... I came here to ask for advice. And if it take someone that long to build a boat you either don't know what you are doing or are not focuesd on the project on hand. Or not have any idea what they are doing. I've been a tradesman for 16 years I've built boats mines ofshore rigs I know what I'm on about I came here to ask advice ... not to be belittled on line. I have time patience and coin and know what I'm on about. I am aware that fitout costs big but what I'm trying to say is I can save coin in the building process. Hence why I want to build that way I have a new boat at a lower outlay and I will know everything about the boat as that's the reason I want to build. I'm not someone that procrastinates. <insult directed at another person removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Discombob,
    your being given fair advice, you need to pull your head in or go somewhere else.
    Jeff.

4. WecBoat

WecBoat Navy Blue

Bruce Robert

http://www.bruceroberts.com/

5. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

More good advice Discombob, believe every word Bruce says to you.... you deserve it.
    Jeff

6. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Congratulations, less than 10 posts and you've been reported (by me) for abuse to the forum moderator.

you don't recognise good advice when you get it but that's your problem.

Bye.

PDW

2 people like this.

7. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Closing this thread at this point - sometimes not all replies will be exactly what you want when you start a thread or ask a question - you are free to pick and choose what advice you listen to and what you ignore, but if someone takes the time to share their own experience, namecalling or insulting another person is not appropriate or welcome on the forum here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.