Load waterline curve?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Laranjo123, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Laranjo123

Laranjo123 Previous Member

I have a question is loadwaterline curve important in designing the hull? Because when i use maxsurf i only see the graph of sectional area curve. isn't that LWL curve should be with SA Curve . They should be together in one sheet?

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Section area curve is not the same as waterline curve. SA merely describes the distribution of area of successive stations. Waterline curve is the path that a particle would trace if it ran along the surface of the hull. Waterline curves may be the ones that describe the particle path at the surface of the water or at any other selected underwater path along the length of the boat. Think of them as horizontal bread slices. Waterlines are usually shown on a plan view of the hull and there may be more than one of them depending on the shape of the sections.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.