A Little Trimaran

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Exiliado, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Exiliado

Exiliado New Member

Hi, i,am a designer Argentinian, and i like me know what do you thinks of my design.

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Tri

Very good looking boat! Do you have the numbers that go with it? The ama's seem to be designed to be vertical when the boat is heeled-nice touch. Will the ama's allow the main hull to fly?
    -Just noticed what appear to be lifting daggerbaords in the ama's- I would think they should be curved or have more angle. Curved boards allow more lifting area with less board sticking outboard when retracted. But they're definitely harder to build...

3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

I have no basis for saying whether it should be considered an issue, but the central hull looks to be pretty short. At least compared to common practice for sailing tris.

Kelly Cook

4. Exiliado

Exiliado New Member

thanks for the comments, i continuing work in it.

5. seavoche

seavoche New Member

looks good

I'm searching for advise on best products to use to clean, restore (remove rust) and then posssibly polish my boat.
    the rig is built with 5086 aluminum thu-out and is15 years out in pacific northwest weather. She is 53ft by 17 ft
    Yes a project.
    all insights are much appreciated.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.