Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 09-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Rep: 300 Posts: 3,787
I do not doubt but I would put there some brackets.
Employ a long time does not mean to do things right. I do not think (just an opinion) that the modulus of the side frame in the area where the bending moment is greater, is sufficient. If the module there is enough, why make such a robust frame at the top?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Rep: 24 Posts: 87
I do not think you need braces to strengthen the area in which the two-time margin.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM

Without wishing to argue, because you have studied this structure and I have not done, but it is not normal to see a beam whose resistance decreases toward the loaded area.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:45 PM

Are you trying to see the problem where it is not. in your location set horizontal stiffener that is formed in the seat cover which is glued to the bulkhead and the outer hull plating. width of the horizontal stiffener at the specified location 200 mm.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM

I'm not trying to see problems, I SEE potential problems in the areas I indicated. But at last, after all, it is your ship, not mine. If you do not want to consider what I say, that will be your problem and your responsibility.
Cheers and good luck.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Rep: 228 Posts: 1,126
Nice design. What is the consideration of spreaders height in the ISO rules? What is the main point behind the rules?
Old 09-02-2016, 04:47 PM

ISO does not say anything about spreaders height.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:04 AM

Rep: 228 Posts: 1,126
ok. I am confused about your line of questioning on the last page then.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:58 AM

To close the questions on the durability of these parts suggest to consider the picture, the stiffeners are marked in red.

http://unikyachts.com/en/lion-800-construction/
http://unikyachts.com/en/lion-series-2/lion-800/
Attached Thumbnails
Lion 800 new  plywood yacht-.jpg  Lion 800 new  plywood yacht-77.jpg  
Old 09-03-2016, 03:17 PM

This is, in my opinion, a well-designed structure: the transverse and longitudinal elements form transverse and longitudinal complete closed rings.
Attached Thumbnails
Lion 800 new  plywood yacht-snap7.jpg  
Old 09-04-2016, 12:53 AM
Sawdust sweeper

Rep: 99 Posts: 101
Looks very nice!

I have a humble suggestion from a kit perspective: make the holes in the bulkheads (companionways, etc) sacrificial parts that are removed only after the hull is assembled. Those delicate pieces are challenging for a kit builder to erect intact and in their correct orientation.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSL View Post
This is, in my opinion, a well-designed structure: the transverse and longitudinal elements form transverse and longitudinal complete closed rings.
The comparison is not correct, you're showing a boat with bow, curved and laminated wood. I have frames made of plywood. in addition to build the proposed boat in the garage very long, expensive and difficult. In the project Lion 800 all frames are cut from plywood and construction modern plywood boat strives to be as technologically advanced. Here is an example of the design of modern boats from plywood, it has dramatically simplified and technologically advanced design, and an example of the structure 800 Lion.
Attached Thumbnails
Lion 800 new  plywood yacht-82.jpg  Lion 800 new  plywood yacht-structure-et-construction-gamme.jpg  
Old 09-04-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack_jeff View Post
Looks very nice!

I have a humble suggestion from a kit perspective: make the holes in the bulkheads (companionways, etc) sacrificial parts that are removed only after the hull is assembled. Those delicate pieces are challenging for a kit builder to erect intact and in their correct orientation.
Yes, we use this method of installation, when using a laser pointer, this method gives good results.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:02 AM

I'm not comparing different structures. I'm stating what for me is a correct structure and what is a structure that clearly can be improved. The distribution of the internal structure, nor good construction practices, does not depend, in general, on the shell material .
The structure of the image on the left of your post # 27, although it could be improved, it is much better than the post # 24.
Perhaps I have rushed to comment on a structure that was not finished. I apologize to you.
I still think that the bottom part in some of the side frames (not bottom frames) is weak.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSL View Post
I'm not comparing different structures. I'm stating what for me is a correct structure and what is a structure that clearly can be improved. The distribution of the internal structure, nor good construction practices, does not depend, in general, on the shell material .
The structure of the image on the left of your post # 27, although it could be improved, it is much better than the post # 24.
Perhaps I have rushed to comment on a structure that was not finished. I apologize to you.
I still think that the bottom part in some of the side frames (not bottom frames) is weak.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, even if it is not correct.

http://unikyachts.com/en/lion-800-construction/
http://unikyachts.com/en/lion-series-2/lion-800/