Line Plans for motor yacht

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jeffsterial, Sep 30, 2015.

1. jeffsterial

jeffsterial New Member

I am in my final year Bach(Hons) Naval Architecture and about to start my dissertation on hydrodynamics of motoryacht.
    However, when i try to find some lines plan or some prototype online, i can't find any.
    Does anybody know where i can get it from?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

That is a very sensitive information which, fortunately, is not easy to find on the net. Since you are in your "final year Bach (Hons) Naval Architecture", should be able to create it yourself, based on information, dimensions, ratios, etc., from boats similar to yours. In any case, better define the boat you're looking for could guide those who want to help.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

No insult is intended, but if this has you stumped, you might want to take up dentistry instead. Engineering disciplines are simply all about research and study. If at this point of your career, you're looking to the net, you're going to struggle.

[​IMG]

Have you tried Google? Lines plans for significant, modern vessels, will be hard to come by free, usually for proprietary reasons, though lots of GA's will be available.

4. jeffsterial

jeffsterial New Member

thank you for the kind reply!! yeahh! that is what I understand as well! I've been taught of other ways to generate it but as i'm from Singapore, we deal with commercial vessels such a containerships etc. None is taught about yacht though the fundamental principles are the same but my professor is asking if i can find anything online. Thus, me asking.

5. jeffsterial

jeffsterial New Member

Thank you for the warm invitation! there are so much resources here! though i've always been spying but not registered haha. I totally agree that engineering disciplines are all about research and study and that it's definitely not easy! I've tried on google but to no avail. If all else fails then i'll probably read up and generate the body plans myself. Yeah, GA are available everywhere haha though there are one or two but those aren't really what i'm looking for. I'm looking for motor luxury yachts. they are so sleek and beautiful! haha

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

jeffsterial, I think your teacher is the one who should give you enough information for you to do your body lines plan. I not think you should learn naval architecture based on internet search. What then is the mission of your teacher?. Someone may help you but I guess no one wants that because of that aid is your teacher who learns.
    As I said before, if you give more details of how it should be your boat, someone in this forum could help you .

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

8. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

9. fredrosse

fredrosse USACE Steam

Lines Plans

Have you had a look at the DEFTSHIP (or FREESHIP) site, some examples posted by the company, and many more posted by customers.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.