LA County Lifeguard boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DutchRob, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DutchRob

DutchRob New Member

Hi Guys,

First I would like to introduce myself to you.

Being a 27 year old product designer from the Netherlands, I'm fascinated by the designs of (some) US products of the 50's / 60's. Designs from Raymond Loewy etc.

That's why I am looking for a boat like the L.A. County Lifeguards use or have used in the past.

Could anyone help me with a brandname, manufacturer of product range or other information (displacement, engine etc) of a boat like this:

http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgu...=LA+county+lifeguard&svnum=10&um=1&hl=nl&sa=N

Is it a Carolina style boat?

I'm not sure if this is the most classic one, but I would be very grateful if someone could help me with data of this boat!

Also where I could find a classic boat like this for sale would be appreciated!

Thanks.. :)

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Going ONLY by the way the chine looks near the bow, I think it may be a Uniflite hull. They are out of business, but you can search on the web and get a lot of information about the company and people who have their boats.