Just launched...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lewisboats, Dec 31, 2008.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

What do you think of her? I would like some opinions of it before I give out more details... kind of a raw first impression. One bit of info...I didn't build it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve

1 person likes this.
  2. bilgepump

bilgepump Junior Member

Looks like a Storer GIS, beautiful who ever built it. One question though, wheres your rod? I would find it impossible not to have brought some walleye gear!!! Anyway its simple and smart and thats what I like about her.

3. lewisboats

Thanks for the reply...but that ain't me...it's the builder... and I don't know where the rod is. I agree with you though but seeing as this was within the past couple three weeks...I don't think he's in Walleye country...the water isn't nearly hard enough.

Steve

4. timothy22

timothy22 Junior Member

Looks like a capable, no-nonsense sort of boat. Well thought out, built no heavier than it needs to be, and nicely done. Is there is storage fore and aft, and flotation under the thwart?

5. lewisboats

It appears he built in the storage but I don't know about the flotation...It is possible it is simply a sealed tank.

Now for the info...This is the first build of a Duckskiff, a humble design effort of mine. Plans are free exclusively from Duckworks...on the plans page. This guy did a really nice example and I wanted to show it off a bit.

Steve

6. nordvindcrew

nordvindcrew Senior Member

boesignat d

that is ever so much better than an aluminum jon boat. an honest wood boat well built is always far better than a mass produced tin can . Congrats on what I hope is the first of many built.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.