John Spencer Plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Gav501, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Gav501

Gav501 New Member

I have an origional set of plans for a Spencer Adrian 24'6 keeler that i got when i purchased my boat. They are hand written and signed by John Spencer and look to be a complete set. I would like some indication of the value of the plans if someone can help me with that.. Thanks..

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

3. rayman

rayman Senior Member

GAV 501, the design was "Adrienne" by the way, I too have an unused set of drawings, John signed each set as they were printed and sent out (when he checked for errors) Seeing it was one of his less successful designs they are not really worth anything, just something to pin on the wall and look at.

4. JRD

JRD Senior Member

John Spencer was an un-pretentious practical man, who would have been horrified at the thought that his plans would be of value for anything other than building a boat. (and would have said so in no uncertain terms).

1 person likes this.

5. old salt

old salt New Member

Try Peter Tait for plans. He has a full collection.
    Phone +64 9 360 1076
    Fax +64 9 360 1076

Email: info@firebug.co.nz

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.