Jackson Sea Skiff

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by johnwilly, Jun 2, 2014.

1. johnwilly

johnwilly johnwilly

Help !!
    I have started to build a 13.5 ft Sea Skiff designed in the 50`s by William D Jackson.

Unfortunately I am working from a magazine article, and the plans, as such are rather sketchy.

I have managed to make the forms and frame,plus the transom and prow, I am having a problem with shaping the keelson and keel,plus joining everything together, I would appreciate any help from someone who has built this boat or anything like it.

I have never tackled anything like this before, and am making it in conjunction with our local Mens Shed organisation.

Many thanks

John W

2. Fjordland

Fjordland New Member

The same Project

Hi John,
    I just startet the same project last week:) The Frames are ready, Transom and Bow shape also. Next I will fabricate the longitudinal stringers before I start to plank the hull. I could provide you with Photos and information while i build, to guide you through the project.
    Greetings from the Baltic Sea, Thies

3. NoahWannabe

NoahWannabe Junior Member

4. johnwilly

johnwilly johnwilly

Thank you everyone for the responses !
    Noah, I looked at the site you reccomended, these plans mirror the one`s I have already, I downloaded them as they are clearer, thank you !

Thies
    what a coincidence !, I will certainly take you up on your offer, I am leaving now for the shed, I will take some photo`s and attempt to download them,
    ( bit of an idiot on computers)
    Kind regards

John

5. Fjordland

Fjordland New Member

Hej John,
    if you manage to upload the pictures please tell me how, I'm not very familiar with computers, too. On Monday I'll be back in my Shop to make pictures. But of course I will comment your pictures if they are on;)
    Regards, Thies

6. johnwilly

johnwilly johnwilly

Sea Skiff

Hi Thies
    Tried to download shots of work so far,but the program tels me my files are to big so I will have to consut someone:confused::confused::confused: I changed the strong back from a single plank to a double for stability, I will revert to a single at the prow when I start fitting the prow etc.

Look forward to hearing from youhttp://www.boatdesign.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Kind regards

John W

7. johnwilly

johnwilly johnwilly

Hi thies

the administrators have sent me a suggestion for re-sizing my photofiles, I will try it this afternoon, if it does not work, suggest we go to e-mails ?

the site is imageresizer.codeplex.com

My e-mail is johnwillcock@rocketmail.com

speak soon

John w

8. Fjordland

Fjordland New Member

personal message

Hej John,
    I'll contact you in the evening direct by your mail, which I noticed.
    Perherps you would like to delete your adress from the public post?

Greetings, Thies

9. johnwilly

johnwilly johnwilly

OK Thies

Just spent hours messing around with pictures, will wait for your E- Mail

thanks

John

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.