International Shipyards

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by quicksail, Apr 9, 2010.

1. quicksail

quicksail Junior Member

I have a client who is looking to get a significant refit done on a 150 ft steel fishing trawler. It involves adding fish processing gear to make the vessel a freezer trawler. He would like to shop our refit specs around and they are interested in Europe and the US markets as our Canadian dollar is so strong.

I know our local yards and their capabilities but I have limited experience with yards outside Canada. If anybody has either had good experience or can recommend a yard that has experience in installing fish processing equipment and has good quality and rates I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

2. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

Key Information
    Napier Co (Arbroath) Ltd
    West Grimsby St
    Arbroath
    Angus
    DD11 1PF

Tel: +44 (0) 1241 875112
    Fax: +44 (0) 1241 871712

Company Contacts
    Maurice Napier - Managing Director

3. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

If you're on the west coast Fred Wahl in Oregon and Dakota Industries in Washington have good reputations doing such work.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.