Interior Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by greco, Jan 28, 2004.

1. greco

greco New Member

I have recently purchased a 32 ft. Marinette Flybridge and during remodeling I had to remove part of the cieling. It looks to be made out of quarter inch plywood with a white viynl coating on the face side and something that could resembly aluminum foil on the back side. I have been unable to find this material at local boat shops or at the manufacturing level. Can anyone offer any assitance. If I am unable to find this material I am thinking of using 1/8 inch masionite laminated on both sides with 1/32 inch formika. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. woodboat

woodboat Senior Member

I have a 1976 Marinette. My ceiling is made of standard plywood. It of course is falling apart and needs replacing. I did replace the ceiling in the rear, outside. The issue is of course sweating. The aluminum has the backside of the wood wet a lot. The coating was probably more of a moisture barrier. I will be using standard hardwood plywood with a good coating to make it moisture proof for the inside as well. Should last at least a couple of years :) To get other opinions check out marinette corner http://www.overboardboating.com/overboardmarinette/marinette.htm

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.