Information about hydro ski desing

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rahaman, Jul 11, 2008.

1. rahaman

rahaman Junior Member

Dear all,

I am just a new member in this forum. Presently I am studying in the University of Tokyo as doctoral student (first year). Actually I am searching for some semi-empirical formula for desing of hydroski.

Thanks.

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

3. rahaman

rahaman Junior Member

Dear Mr. Tom Speer,

Thank you very much for your information. Actually I have checked all the information and my supervisor in The University of Tokyo told me that all the experiments and calculations were done in 35-40 years ago and he wanted me to serach the latested development but I could not find any.

Thank you once again.

Rahaman Md. Mashiur

4. rahaman

rahaman Junior Member

Dear Mr. Tom Speer,

Hope u r fine. Can u suggest me any recent development in Hydro-ski design formula?

Thank you very much.

Rahaman Md. Mashiur

5. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

Sorry, I don't. Look in the literature for the theory of fully ventilated hydrofoils. The hydro-ski is just a low aspect ratio ventilated hydrofoil. Or a narrow planing hull for which the water separates at the chines.

I think today, one would attack the problem differently, using CFD to get the characteristics. Tank testing would still be necessary for a serious design effort.

Without knowing anything more about your specific application, it's difficult to point you in the right direction for more information.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.