Identify make/model

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lokislounge, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lokislounge

lokislounge New Member

Can anybody identify this vessel ? I was told it was a 76 uniflyte. but cannot locate any uniflyte that resembles it. 29' 8' beam . she has twin I.O mercruisers (chevy 250 ci, inline six's) & dual stations. The only clue i can see, is the red embossed arrow behind the windows.
    thanks in advance

[​IMG]

2. lokislounge

lokislounge New Member

nobody even has a guess ? :(

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

You have two options open to you. First and the most accurate is the HIN located on the upper right hand side of the transom when viewed from astern. The first three digits are the manufacture's prefix code, which can be looked up at the USCG site.

The other option is to title search the "FL" number on each side of the forward quarters. This is the state registration number. Once tracked down, the title will usually provide a builder or manufacture name.

That looks to be an old Carver, but they all had similar styling clues back in the 70's. The windshield look wrong for an early 70's Uniflyte.

One last option not mentioned, is the very likely prospect that the manufacture did what they were supposed to do and hid a registration or HIN number on a structural member inside the boat. This can be anywhere, but it will be in a hard to find location and heavily carved into a big piece of boat structure. Keels, stems, main deck beams, etc. are common spots for these. The only wat to find these hidden numbers is to crawl around in the bilge with a flashlight.

4. lokislounge

lokislounge New Member

thanks for the reply
    Unfortunately, the transom seems to have been replaced at some point, and no H.I.N is visible. also there were extensive modifications to the engine compartment and bilge and most of the structures have been replaced to make room for saddle tanks and a gen set. I am currently in contact with the beureo of vessels here in florida, but sofar they have been less than helpful.

5. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

I think it's a Sea Bird. I know they made a flybridge model, ostensibly to compete with Bertram. It's definitely a Moppie type.

6. Zappi

Zappi Senior Member

Isnt that red swoosh Fiberform?

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

ArrowGlass had a similar logo too.

You're best bet is a title search on the FL number. There are a few web sites that will perform this task.

8. Zappi

Zappi Senior Member

Positively a Fiberform. NOT to be compared with a Bertram.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.