IBEX, who's going to Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by keysdisease, Oct 9, 2011.

1. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

I'll be there, anyone else?

Steve :)

2. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Yes, I'll be there. I am moderating 4 sessions:
    #0102: Designing for Custom and Production Boats, presenters Roger Brown and Steve Burke.

#0201: Advances in Cruiser/Racer Design, presenters Mark Mills and Owen Clarke

#0501: Sailboat Rig Design with FMEA, presenter Eric Hall.

#0801: Yacht Design Basics, presenters Mark Mills and Owen Clarke.

I will also be making my own presentation at the Pecha Kucha designers event on Tuesday night at 8:00 PM, 18 October, at the Louisville Science Center. This is a special event which will have a dozen designers making presentations on new design concepts. A Pecha Kucha event is where presenters have only a few minutes to showcase a new design or concept--in this case, 20 slides, 20 seconds each, so each presentation is only about 6 minutes long. I am first up, actually, and my design is a Modular Catamaran Houseboat.

See you there.

Eric

3. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

Cool. If you find yourself on the exhibitors hall look me up at booth 1238.

Steve

4. iceboater

iceboater Junior Member

I am going, and I have registered for 8 sessions, including #0201 and the the Pecha Kucha event.
    I wanted to register for more but I have never been there before and I do not know
    how much time I need to cover the show.

looking forward to..

Axel

5. Eric Sponberg

The lecture sessions run about 50 minutes each, and there are about 50% more this year than last year, a lot of which do with the business of boating, not so much design, construction, and maintenance. To cover the floor exhibits, depending on how much you stop and talk to people, will take at a few hours. It's all a lot to absorb, so usually you go for a few hours, see half the exhibits, rest, have a meal, and then go see the rest of the exhibits. It is easy enough to see in two days, of the three days that it is open. The show starts breaking down the middle of the afternoon on the third day, so the best times to see it are Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday, and Wednesday morning.

Eric

6. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

Eric, are you going to show us that modular house-cat?

See my gallery for my modular cat concept(s). Mostly a platform, not a sailor, onto which prefabed temp offices or prefabed housing, or trailer RV could be carried. Also configurable for various heavy duty industrial aps, by selecting heavier beams and flooring.

7. Eric Sponberg

Will I post the Modular Catamaran Houseboat? Not before the 18th. Actually, I made a movie of my PowerPoint presentation which I will post to my website later this week before I go. You'll be able to open it from the website, NEWS page.

Eric

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Have fun. Wish I were there. Can't go. :(

9. Alik

Alik Senior Member

I am there 17-18.

10. Eric Sponberg

OK, folks, here it is. The following is the link to my Modular Catamaran Houseboat. Click on the title or image for the top story, which will open the design page, and then click on the link at the bottom, "Modular Catamaran Houseboat", to download and open the presentation. You are getting a sneak peak--I will be presenting this at IBEX on Tuesday night, 18 October. Enjoy.

http://sponbergyachtdesign.com/News.htm

Eric

1 person likes this.

11. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I hope it is a great IBEX. Wish I could be there.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.