I/O Conversion

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tlmopsman, Mar 7, 2006.

1. tlmopsman

tlmopsman New Member

I see there has been alot of information passed about covering up an I/O and mounting an outboard bracket. Currently, I own a 1966 20' Hydroswift cuddy and plan on mounting an outboard bracket, project for me and the boys. Unfortunately, it appears that there is not an HP rating on the plate and the boat did not have an engine or outdrive when we obtained it. Any suggestions about size of motor. It appears it would be OK to plug the transom and have asked alot of advice about doing this. Any other suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Don't know the boat but if displacement about a 15 would do! If planing well! what happened to the old engine? and why change it?

3. tlmopsman

tlmopsman New Member

The old engine and outdrive were not in the boat when we obtained it. I'd rather have an outboard considering the boat would primarily be used in saltwater. I'll have to take some measurements to obtain the displacement as the builder's of the boat aren't responding. Thank's again.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.