i need help TO design me DIVING BOAT

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by world Diver, Mar 11, 2006.

1. world Diver

world Diver Junior Member

Hi

If any one have idea about design diving boat pleas Help me ? And I need easy software to design?

Thank you:confused:

2. JEM

JEM Senior Member

You'll have to provide more info for designers on these boards to reply.

3. world Diver

thank you JEM

i need design diving boat for 20 Diver whit 40 tank & 20 full diving equpment

is this info good or you whant moar ?

4. gerard baladi

gerard baladi Junior Member

You are just across the sea from Hurghada and Sharm el Sheikh. Come around and check the different kind of boats used either for day trips or Live aboard and take it from there.

5. world Diver

Thank you gerard baladi

I am in Saudi Arabia NOW & I can't came to see the boats :confused: :confused:
    but if you send Photo for this boat :( :( you help me a lot tank you in advance :)

6. trouty

trouty Guest

Attached Files:

7. JonathanCole

JonathanCole imagineer

Attached Files:

8. gerard baladi

gerard baladi Junior Member

World diver is probably looking for a dive boat that would operate in the red sea I presume. The wind speed is above 3 beauforts 75% of the time, the boats pictured would stay in the marinas most of the time.

The boats used in Egypt are of the displacement type, most are 18 meters +, chartered by dive operators, so the bigger the better for the operation's economics. 99% are locally built in wood and each and every boat looks different. (useless to send photos). you could have one built for 150 000$ depending on options prices go up from there.

9. trouty

trouty Guest

10. world Diver

Thank you

:) Thank you :)
    trouty
    gerard baladi

Today I will go to Boat Show in Dubai & I will see how I can fiend the good boat for diving :confused: :confused: :confused:

11. Herbert lotz

Herbert lotz Junior Member

Genraly one dives in good weather but I would still keep the freeboard to a min. Go with a light fast mulit hull if its day trips, more stable and gives more room on deck you can run from weather if needed.
    South Africa offers a wide range of afordable cats that handle quite rough sea's.
    Need to know more about the prodject to be accurate budget time frame ext.
    hplotz@hotmail.com

12. Herbert lotz

Herbert lotz Junior Member

The boat show is the best place to start get as much info of as many boats that fit your requierments. Remember you can allways change the deck layout.
    Things like Hull shape, disp, speed are important now. Then look at power plants and all the teck to get idea of costs.
    Go from there and keep in touch.
    hplotz@hotmail.com

13. world Diver

NOw in Dubai

:) Thank you Herbert Lotz

what is the best boat size for 20 diver with equipment (40tank) ? & what about the engines what is the best company?:confused: :confused:

Attached Files:

14. world Diver

what about YAMAH ?:confused:

15. trouty

trouty Guest

Gerard Baladi

Gerard,

My advice is born of experience!

I conduct Fishing and Diving Charters In Western Australia!

Your bottom line (balance sheet / profit and loss statement) is what determines success or failure!

You have two choices!

1. High volume / Low cost

You get many many people divers (40?) and you charge a little $ for each one and you must work many days many shifts / mutiple repeat dives etc etc.

You will make money.

You will get tired

You will make mistakes!

Here in Queensland on Great barroer Reef, one such boat went home and left (forgot) 2 American divers stil in water who both died!

It ruins Tourism the publicity!

2). You have luxury boat, and take only a few divers for very very expensive long term live aboard cruises, with everything proivided!

You will do less work make more $ than day dive charters, and enjoy your work more, but your market will be smaller! (And more demanding).

Either way is good!

Fuel operating cost is paramount - you ant the most Nmiles travelled for the least fuel - which should dictate your type of vessel and power.

You need high speed effieiciency...planing hull with big Hp turbo diesels inboards and surface peircing props!

That is just my opinion!

Cheers!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.