I can finaly Draw a bit

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Mik the stick, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Mik the stick

Mik the stick Senior Member

I have not found freeship very useful because I can't draw.I have had difficulty with the tutorial I found on the net. This time I kept trying until I got it right, but I could not make a Transom according to instructions. I managed to use extrude to make the transom. This boat is nearly exactly as the tutorial. The program seems to start with a round bilge hull The station lines were then changed to vertical and a crease line made to turn it into a chine type. At lea:st now I can draw a hull. Deck and superstructure are another story. I think I may be able to take the sizes from freeship and do the rest in 2D design. :D mik

Attached Files:

2. Mik the stick

Sweet 16

It seems many people have read my posts perhaps you have not been Impressed. i worked through the tutorial again and again and still didn.t get it exactly right. So I designed "Sweet 16". This is a round bilge boat of 52' LOD, under 17 Meters LOA was the goal. Freeship seems to be about adding points, joining them up, making faces and creases. When you can do that you begin to get somewhere with this program. Those of you who can use this program will look at my drawings and know how I did it. I think my hull shape is impressive, and the superstructure is at the moment very poor. The hydrostatic part of the program is good. It gave me a midship area of 41.73sq ft. which I used to predict 135hp =10.32kts and 106hp =9.6kts on a displacement of about 32 Tons. Comments and or tips in using this program would be appreciated.
    Mik:)

3. Mik the stick

oops here are the drawings

Attached Files:

4. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Try transfererring t his to the Software section for help with Freeship.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.