hydroptere 52.83 knt

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by bertho, Oct 7, 2008.

1. bertho

bertho bertho

during training last week end at fos sur mer , not homologated :eek: !
    faaasssst !
    bertho

Attached Files:

2. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

And who says blobotes are slobotes??

Sure is an awful lot of technology to accomplish something windsurfers and kiteboards have been doing for years, though.

I guess that's all right. Any technological advancements that moves the state of the art ahead are bound to be welcome eventually.

52.83kt=60mph(!!!)=97.8 Km/h. I don't care what you're driving on the water, that's hauling ***.

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Nope, L'Hydroptere's speed is not ratified by the WSSRC, but without question, just flat hauling butt.

The number listed is a peak speed and unfortunatley, that does not qualify as a record. They have to maintain the speed and the average over a minimum 500 meter regulated course is what will get them a record.

Epo, you are right, the kiteboarders and some windsurfers have also clocked speeds that high for momentary values. The world record for 500 meters is currently held by a French kiteboarder at 50.57 knots. I believe that the speed is still pending final ratification from the WSSRC, but the record run was supervised, on-site by representatives of the WSSRC, so it should be just a matter of a short time for the official deal to fall in place.

The part that completely amazes me is that all the wind force to get going that fast (40-45 knots) is being pushed right through the boarders body. No winches, no tie-off points, just one studly dude (or dudess) hanging his/her cheese waaaay out in the wind. By the way, the fastest women's speed sailing record is Sjouke Bredenkamp with a posted run of 45.2 knots.

Chris Ostlind
    Lunada Design
    www.lunadadesign.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.