Hull Type

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jigsaw, Apr 21, 2004.

1. jigsaw

jigsaw New Member

Hello, I am new.
    I need help in id this hull type.
    Is it a semi-v or semi flat or what ever. i am ignorant to this info.

The pic below does not show the bottom but it is flat till you get to the bow then has a v hull like shape.

The stern is square.

[​IMG]

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Onthe upper right-hand corner fo the transom, there should be a number, rather like the VIN on a car, but called a HIN. THe first three letters will at least tell you who made it. Google HIN and it should pop up with the USCG site that tells you the mfr.
    Steve

3. jigsaw

jigsaw New Member

The company that made this boat is Master Marine ( Good go Sports) they are no longer around and only being made in Korea now.

I have almost all the info about the boat.

Just trying to figure out if its a semi-v or what. I am not too familiar with hulls, I know the v and flat and thats it.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Why is it important? The type hull will make little difference to a novice or someone not to up on hull design. Most planning hulls are a modified "V" form of some sort, the "sort" part is really not important, unless you are making a study or are rather knowledgeable on the subject. My guess from the very limited photo is a modified "V' form with reversed chines and lift strakes. Though the very bluff bow would suggest a knock off of the BW form, who knows with a photo like this . . .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.